Warehouse Manager is responsible to direct receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations. The manager will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing, and dispatch of a wide variety of products. The incumbent will have responsibility for directing office and operations employees in day-to-day tasks to ensure seamless operations, productivity targets are achieved, and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly. The selected leader will manage the warehouse in compliance with the company's vision and policies overseeing receiving, warehousing, and distribution optimizing operations for safety, quality, compliance, and effective space utilization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, supervise, and participate in daily warehouse operations, to satisfy customer requirements.
- Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by selecting, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees and supporting shift supervisors in holding their teams accountable; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meet warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements
- Meets warehouse financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Champion of the Warehouse Safety Program implements the safety in all we do concept.
- Develop key performance indicators that drive accuracy and efficiency for each customer and report them to the Management Team
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements
- Train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of the assigned warehouse. employees; assign workloads to warehouse employees.
- Motivate and lead the crew with a positive attitude, strive to remove barriers to performance, and follow through on commitments.
- Be as visible as possible to the staff and manage by walking around. This will ensure that you have the warehouse pulse close to you to aid and support where needed.
- Interact with customers in person, over the telephone, email, and face to face to ensure customer satisfaction in all manners related to the.
- Monitor and document all accidents and incidents within the warehouse
- Reporting any accident and incidents to Warehouse Manager and HR immediately
- Accomplishes warehouse and organization mission by completing related results as needed and additional duties as required.
- Proactively maintaining all food safety and defense programs
- Conducting monthly food safety and defense audits
- Creating corrective action documentation and reporting to the food safety officer
- Establish an efficient, detailed employee training program for new hires and refresher training.
- Oversee pack line and display line operations.
- Continuous improvement leading and initiating throughout the warehouse with numbers-based results and providing updated reports to the Warehouse Management Team
- Direct leadership of warehouse activities
- Develop and maintain a Gemba Walk routine that supports, reinforces, and develops visible managing and barrier removal
- Using lean training/tactics to consistently improve areas within the warehouse
- Maintain qualification to perform duties within warehouse operations including operating forklift, performing packaging and office duties as required. Utilize skills to support execution regularly, dedicating up to 10% of weekly hours towards executing productive tasks to maintain skills and help support team
- Travel up to 10%
· Associate's Degree in Logistics/ Business Management and or 3 years of leadership experience in warehouse operations.
· Knowledge of general warehouse layout planning and warehouse operations knowledge.
· Solid communication skills (oral and written)
· Proven work experience as a warehouse manager or supervisor
· Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
· Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
· Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
· Hands experience with warehouse management software and databases
· Leadership skills and proven ability to manage staff in terms of development
· Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
Location: Depew, New York, US
Posted Date: 9/11/2023