Duro Dyne National Corporation is seeking dynamic individuals to become part of our winning team. If you are a highly motivated, team player who is interested in an exciting career with a global leading manufacturer then this job is for you!
Established in 1952, the Duro Dyne Corporation, a subsidiary of NSI Industries, has evolved into the leading manufacturer of sheet metal accessories and equipment for the HVAC industry. For over 70 years, Duro Dyne has expanded its plant locations and now employs over 200 people. Duro Dyne Corporation is committed to providing superior quality and unparalleled dedication to all aspects of our business. We believe every employee contributes to the success and growth of our company. As an employee at Duro Dyne, you reap the benefits of being part of an expanding company that still maintains a progressive employee culture and atmosphere
The Sr. Manager of Warehouse Operations primary function is coordination and management of all activities related to the transportation of goods and materials. This includes planning, implementation and control of storage, movement, and distribution of goods and materials to meet the needs of the organization.
1. Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
2. Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
3. Coaches, counsels, and disciplines staff as needed by enforcing policies & procedures while creating a safe and friendly working environment.
4. Evaluate work performance of employees based on pre-defined performance measures.
5. Oversee the staff to make sure operations flow smoothly, instructs accordingly, and motivates them to perform.
6. Conduct staff meetings to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies, and all matters that affect their performance, safety, quality, attitudes, and results.
7. Will work with the team to develop, implement, and enforce warehouse and logistics operation systems that create more efficiencies.
8. Proactively working across departments to identify opportunities to implement new systems for improved workflow, inventory managements, and cost saving initiatives.
9. Manage warehouse operations including receiving, stocking, order management, replenishment, picking, transportation management and shipping.
10. Assist in managing overall operations costs including labor needs, equipment, warehouse supply, etc. to control and minimize expenditures.
11. Ability to coordinate work around changing priorities and under the pressure of deadlines.
12. Establishes, follows, and enforces safety standards and procedures in compliance with a healthy work environment and legal requirements.
13. Will provide dotted line coverage and direction for domestic & satellite warehouse facilities
14. Other duties as assigned
Skills and qualifications
• Strong time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Interface with management and production personnel as needed or required
• Knowledge of Word, Excel and company ERP system preferred
• Ability to work varied shifts and schedules as required
• Proficiency in supply chain concepts and principles including warehouse & distribution management
• Familiar with material handling equipment – forklift, pallet jack, very narrow aisle equipment, pickers, drive-by wire, etc.)
• Forklift Trainer Certification preferred
• Bilingual preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 10 years of warehouse/operations supervision & inventory control
Physical Requirements – Essential
• Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• 401(k) matching
• Quarterly Profit Sharing
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Dependent spending account
• Company Paid Life insurance & Supplemental
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
• Short & Long Term Disability
• Paid time off & Paid Holidays
• Referral program
• Company BBQs and other team events
Duro Dyne National Corporation maintains a drug-free workplace and requires all employees to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Duro Dyne National Corporation is proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
The Duro Dyne National Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Bay Shore, New York, US
Posted Date: 9/21/2022
Duro Dyne Inc