Essential Job Functions (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
· Ensures that all products leave with proper paperwork and utilize inventory sign out sheets. Daily reconciliation of inventory sheets. Communicate and record any attempts by an employee who violates company policy/procedures. Communicate paperwork errors immediately to the office.
· Unload/load from incoming and outgoing tires, wheels and retreads on the correct trailer/truck in a timely manner.
· Ensure that all Stock Retreads are labeled correctly, tires are in rows and stacks are neat.
· Oversee customer tire/retread storage, tire pools and tire banks. Keep accurate paperwork for all such products.
· Maintain cleanliness of warehouse.
· Ensure that tires/retreads are in correct rows for delivery.
· Mark any sold tires by attaching a copy of order to tire(s).
· Participate in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
· Make deliveries to customers as needed (if have valid driver's license).
· Operate forklift in safe manner.
· Handle phone calls from sales and service personnel and other locations in need of tires.
· Assist with monthly inventories. Assist with variance investigation.
· Use computer to check inventory, generate transfers, work orders and invoices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Education and/or experience: No related experience required. STTC will train.
· Language skills: Ability to read and interpret English documents such as safety rules, invoices, packing lists, bills of lading, tire tags, computer work orders, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form.
· Computer skills: Ability to use computer; training will be provided as needed.
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Forklift Certification. STTC will provide Forklift Certification test. Valid driver's license preferred.
· Equipment: Capable of operating forklift, lift gates, delivery truck, computer and basic office equipment.
· Dress code: Pants and shirts are provided by Service Tire Truck Centers at a reasonable cost per company policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
Work environment: while performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to hot and/or cold warehouse conditions and occasionally exposed to all weather conditions due to dock exposure. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Benefits include (but not limited to)
• Top Industry Wages / Competitive pay
• Full health benefit package (includes Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, and more
• 401K with company match
• Paid Holidays and PTO days
STTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: West Babylon, New York, US
Posted Date: 8/3/2022
Service Tire Truck Center Inc.