The Relationship Banking Specialist is responsible for providing extraordinary customer by taking a personal interest, developing relationships, and creating a positive experience with each customer. Provides assistance to each customer to determine their financial needs as well as handle day to day transactions. Ensures operational efficiency and quality standards are met demonstrating compliance with all State, Federal and other applicable bank regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides exceptional customer service building rapport and relationships.
- Strives to guarantee customer satisfaction by engaging with customers to welcome them, personalize the experience and determine the best way to serve them.
- Embraces the Bank’s mission, CORE values and cultural foundation by taking personal initiative and setting a positive example for others to emulate.
- Promotes the banks products and services.
- Processes financial transactions, practices sound cash handling and answers inquiries and/or resolves simple to complex concerns on customer accounts.
- Answers questions on customers’ accounts.
- Accurately enters customer transactions
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to work well with customers, employees and others, as well as actively listen, interpret information, and interact in a positive, helpful manner
- Ability to educate customers on present features and benefits of products and services in order to meet individual needs.
- Must possess excellent judgment with the ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
- Ability to act individually and within a team environment to achieve branch-wide goals and activities.
- Must be able to work effectively within a team environment and build solid relationships with all individuals he/she works with.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in any given situation. Must be able to adapt to change.
- Ability to handle basic math skills and maintain cash within established limits to reduce the bank’s exposure to loss.
- Able to assist with servicing customers over the telephone
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, with delegation when necessary.
- Professional dress and demeanor.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years of retail industry experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak clearly and hear efficiently. Employees much occasionally lift and/or move up to, or in excess of 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to noise level in the work environment that may be excessive at times.
Ability to travel 10% or more of the time may be required. Availability to travel on short notice to meet immediate business needs may be required.
Location: Newburyport, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 6/14/2022