Our General Managers of retail sales must be able to manage people and ensure accountability. To be successful in this role, an individual should possess strong leadership skills, drive productivity, manage daily operations and ensure profitability for their store location.
About Laundry Capital:
Laundry Capital was founded in 1996 in New York. Operating over 70 laundromats in eight states, Laundry Capital operates two brands: Clean Rite Centers and Laundromax.
Laundry Capital pioneered the Laundromat “super store” concept by building large, bright, free standing stores, equipped with over 120 washers and dryers, ample folding tables, free parking, knowledgeable and qualified staff, and more.
Laundry Capital is recognized by the retail sales industry as the “gold standard” for laundromat retail in the United States.
Essential Job Functions:
General Managers are driven self-starters who are eager about customer service. Our managers are the face of the store and must be willing to take ownership responsibilities as listed below:
- Responsible for driving high levels of customer satisfaction, retention and growth
- Participate in the screening and selection process for staffing needs of store location
- Ensure training procedures and evaluations are adhered to, while identifying and developing top talent
- Foster a safe, positive and fair work environment by driving accountability to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed without exception
- Develop employee schedules while adhering to budgeted payroll hours
- Responsible for ensuring payroll is accurate and timely
- Ensure all tools and logs are being used to maintain high levels of operational equipment used by the customers
- Maintain a continual focus on store cleanliness and the availability and functionality of ancillary items such as laundry carts, folding tables and televisions
- Enforce safe practices to prevent accidents and injuries inside and outside of the store
- Ability to manage emergency situations such as fires, floods, severe weather
- Ensure security alarms and surveillance equipment are operational
- Ensure adequate levels of inventory are in stock are maintained; accurately conducting inventory counts; ensure a good visual presentation of products is always maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring all logs are being used to report equipment and building maintenance issues
- Conduct frequent audits of preventative maintenance tasks; such as lint screen cleanings
- Immediately escalating hot water, heating, air conditioning and other equipment problems; and the ability to troubleshooting equipment problems and performing minor repairs
- Training employees in processing retail sales and upselling customers
- Continual focus on keeping associated costs low (proper selection of washers/dryers, detergent use, card use)
- Accurate and honest reporting of all information; immediately notifying District Manager of any discrepancies
- Quickly responding to VTM and bill changer problems, even when off duty
- Participation in and execution of promotional programs; ensure that procedures in collecting coupons, forms or other information are followed and promotional logs are used accurately
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely retail sales and other information is submitted on a weekly basis
- Execution of initiatives to improve the store financial performance; suggesting ways to improve sales or reduce costs.
- Must have 3 or more years of experience in retail sales
- Must have at least 2 years of experience leading a team
- Must be willing to submit to drug and alcohol screenings when requested
- Must be able to stand for up to 8+ hours at a time for a shift
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds
- Must be able to communicate with all customers and associates in a professional manner
- Ability to resolve customer issues/complaints in a fashionable and timely manner
- Ability to train all store associates in their assigned tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Our managers typically are scheduled 4 weekdays and 1 weekend day (45 hours a week) each week as a baseline. Typically working Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturdays. Our managers on occasion may need to cover a different shift (including overnight hours) if the business dictates.
Our managers make up a large part of our direct customer facing service providers, this would include assisting customers with everyday needs in a laundromat setting, completing customer wash, dry & fold drop off orders as well as keeping the store clean and presentable.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Benefits for full-time employees
- Bonus Program
- Company Uniforms Provide
- Competitive Wage
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible schedules for full-time and part-time employment
- Fun, Energetic Work Environment
- Holiday Pay
- Referral Program
- Retention Program
Employees who wish to enter the workplace on or after February 9, 2022 must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 1/5/2022