L.A. Burdick Handmade Chocolates is recruiting for a salaried full-time Manager to oversee the operation of one of its two stores in MA (Cambridge/Boston). The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a passionate and professional organization that purveys a range of unique and sophisticated handcrafted chocolate confections, beverages and pastry items within a beautifully appointed European-style retail and café environment.
Core Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Functionally responsible for front and back-of-house operational management of what is a thriving chocolate retail and café experience.
- Recruitment, training, mentoring and ongoing leadership and scheduling of a multidisciplinary retail and café team.
- Meet financial and operational objectives in-line with company standards and practices for internal and external ordering, inventory management, labor costs, banking and day-to-day cash management.
- Adhere to defined methodologies and processes in the rotation and merchandising of fresh chocolate retail product.
- Comply with methodologies for the creation, presentation and service of beverages and pastry within the Burdick café environment.
- Educate teammates and customers through eloquent, engaging and accurate communication of company history and mission, its range of retail and café products, and what defines and differentiates Burdick product, and experience, as unique within the U.S. market.
- To lead by example through professionalism, commitment, responsibility, diligence and drive. Attaining and maintaining the highest operational and service standards. Benchmarking these behaviorisms and practices ensuring teammates are encouraged, committed and motivated to reflect these in their work practices.
- Timely, thorough and accurate communication with senior management, head office support functions (HR, Accounts/Finance, Marketing, IT), logistics, packing and production facilities.
General Skills, Practice and Experience:
- Highly responsible, hardworking and committed.
- Quality Retail and/or food service experience.
- Professional and polished personal practice and presentation.
- Experience of planning for and transitioning from a sedate to fast-paced retail and café service.
- Experience of managing and working with diversely skilled, seasonal, part-time and full time team mates with varying experience, personalities and levels of buy-in.
- Excellent customer service and engagement skills
- Experience with front and back-of-house POS systems and functions
- Capable of lifting and carrying loads of 40lbs.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, company matched 401K and more.
Should you be interested and would like to join the Burdick management team, please submit your resume for review.
For further information regarding L.A. Burdick visit our website www.burdickchocolate.com or explore our other stores success on Yelp, Trip Advisor and Instagram.
Founded in 1987, L.A. Burdick Chocolates is an artisan chocolatier with retail locations in Boston and Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Walpole, NH; and Washington, DC as well as an e-commerce business (www.burdickchocolate.com). For more than 30 years, L.A. Burdick has been devoted to handcrafting chocolates that combine Swiss know-how, French gastronomic thoughtfulness, and American imagination, in the words of the founder Larry Burdick, a pioneer of fine chocolates in America. Signature items include the Chocolate Mice and Drinking Chocolates.
L.A. Burdick has been named the maker of one of the best chocolates and hot chocolates in the U.S. by Food & Wine, Zagat, Bloomberg, Travel + Leisure, among others and has also been lauded by numerous media outlets, including New York Times, Boston Globe, Bon Appétit, Vogue, and Forbes.
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 1/4/2022
L.A. Burdick Handmade Chocolates