L.A. Burdick Chocolates is recruiting committed, engaging, diligent, motivated and professional retail and café Supervisor for the L.A. Burdick store located in Boston at 220 Clarendon Street. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to join a passionate and professional organization that purveys a range of unique, delectable and sophisticated handcrafted chocolates, beverages and pastry items within a beautifully appointed European-style retail and café environment.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diligent and precise in the creation, presentation and service of our range of café pastry and beverages
- Meticulous in the merchandising of retail product, its rotation and handling of chocolate retail product
- Organized, systematic and methodical in execution and completion of tasks at hand
- Proactive and engaged in the delivery of service, stocking and cleaning
- Passionate about assisting and educating customers through eloquent, engaging and accurate communication of company history and mission, its range of retail and café products, and what defines and differentiates Burdick product, and experience, as unique
- Proficient and courteous processing of orders and purchases. Accurate and expedient handling of card/cash payments
- Adheres to fundamental work practices, attitudes and behaviorisms such as, honoring shift commitments, timeliness, abidance to a defined dress code, applying consistent effort, a willingness to learn and an interest in advancement and achievement
- Able to work some weekends and evenings
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
Additional Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Cashing-up the registers and securing cash
- Accurately entering sales totals AM/PM
- Banking (deposits and change requirements)
- Management-light (directing) other members of the team on activities and flow
- Handling customer issues in the absence of a shift manager
- Opening duties (the complete set-up procedure)
- Closing duties (securing the cash and locking-up) and ensuring that the checklists have been covered off by the closing team
- Assisting with product counts, ordering and inventory
- Placing orders (deferring as necessary to the Store Manager) for fruit, milk consumables
- Taking in orders and noting orders received
- Merchandising; back-stocking and restocking (back-of-house and front-of-house)
- New hire training and ongoing mentoring of the team
Skills, Traits and Experience:
- General knowledge of POS system
- General experience of customer and food service, retail sales, barista skills
- Capable of transitioning from a sedate to fast-paced service environment
- Professionally dressed and well-groomed
- Work well in team environment
- Hard working, focused and committed
- Polite, sincere, hospitable, engaged in customer interaction
- Enthusiastic about quality chocolate, pastry and beverages.
We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, company matched 401K and more.
Should you be interested and would like to join the Burdick team, please submit your resume for review.
For further information regarding L.A. Burdick visit our website www.burdickchocolate.com or explore our other stores success on Yelp, Trip Advisor and Instagram.
L.A. Burdick Handmade Chocolates, founded in 1987 by chocolatier and Boston native Larry Burdick, is an artisan chocolate maker with retail locations in Cambridge, Boston, Walpole, New York, Chicago and Washington DC as well as an e-commerce business (www.burdickchocolate.com). L.A. Burdick has been named one of the best chocolate in the U.S. and one of the best hot chocolates in the U.S. by Food & Wine magazine and has also been praised by numerous media outlets, including Vogue, New York Magazine, New York Times, The Boston Globe, and Serious Eats.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 1/4/2022
L.A. Burdick Chocolates