Dakota Supply Group (DSG) is seeking a Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate in our Bozeman, MT location. This will be a Full-Time hourly position. Shifts may range between the hours of 7 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. The position of Delivery Driver will work in all aspects of warehouse operations, with the primary duty of delivering product to customers and jobsites, including the loading, unloading, securing and transporting of such materials.
Since our founding in 1898—with roots dating back to 1868, DSG has been dedicated to providing all the right connections to our customers in the electrical; plumbing; HVAC; refrigeration; communications; utility; automation; waterworks; on-site sewer, water and well; filtration and metering technology industries. We carry more than 65,000 products from the top brands, but that’s only the beginning. Our experienced team of specialists provide customers with solutions that help them to maximize their employees’ productivity and increase their company’s profitability. Plus, DSG is an employee-owned (ESOP) organization. That means you are always working with an owner, and consequently, your success is recognized as the foundation of our own.
Specific Duties of the Delivery Driver:
- Accurately pull material from location to fill orders
- Pack, label and put filled orders in proper location for delivery
- Operate forklift
- Load delivery truck in a safe manner, according to company policy
- Inspect truck & trailer according to company policy and DOT standards, to ensure it is in good working order
- Communicate any vehicle safety issues you have immediately to your supervisor
- Communicate with customers regarding delivery dates & times
- Work with warehouse associates to communicate how product should be loaded
- Drives to various customer locations, typically within 150 miles of branch location. Unloads materials as per customer instruction specific to the order or standing instructions to customer's place of business or warehouse facility
- Stay compliant with DOT/FMCSA and OSHA regulations including completion of training activities as required in DSG policy and/or by regulatory authorities.
- Adhere to DSG’s safety policy and vehicle safety program.
- Keep truck clean inside and out and reports any maintenance issues
- Maintain a good driving record
- Use computer to check on status, availability and location of product
- Assist in shipping & receiving as needed
- Put stock away
- Perform other duties as assigned
Delivery Driver Qualifications:
- Basic product and warehouse or delivery knowledge that would normally be acquired in one to three years of applicable experience
- Valid driver’s license required, with the ability to obtain a medical card
- Attention to detail, with good organizational skills
- Safety training on material handling and forklift driving.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Physical ability to lift, push, pull or move items weighing 70-325lbs. with the aid of mechanical device or another person
- Prior computer knowledge, experience and skills helpful
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively to work efficiently under pressure and time deadlines
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, with employer match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Teledoc, a virtual telehealth benefit
- Referral Bonus
- Generous PTO Allowance and Extended Medical Leave
- Volunteer hours
- Length of Service awards
- Employee Discounts on DSG supplied products!
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- and more!
Location: Bozeman, Montana, US
Posted Date: 11/13/2021
Dakota Supply Group