Pay: $15.00+ per hour
Norfolk Hardware and Home Center recently launched an incentive program and create an opportunity for our employees to earn bonus for achieving a common goal. Working Together!
Do you enjoy DIY projects? Do you enjoy making customers happy? Are you willing to learn about products within a home center store? If the answer is YES, then we may be the best place for you to work.
Norfolk Hardware & Home Center celebrated its 86th year in the community and we are looking for reliable, hard working people to join our sales team. To be successful at NHHC, you are committed to providing a high level of customer service. You will be curious to learn about new products & be able to work together as a team to be the best home center in Boston.
Qualified candidates will have 2+ year of retail sales experience, in a hardware/home center environment is a plus. We have openings in electrical, lawn & garden, hardware, retail management and customer service. Able to work on the floor helping customers, assisting with products and their projects and making NHHC the BEST place to work! Bring a positive can do attitude to work each day.
We are looking for Full-time sales team members & able to work some Saturdays. The store is open 6:30am-6:00pm, Monday-Saturday and 10am-4pm on Sundays.
If this describes you, please apply today for consideration. We are offering a performance bonus to successful new hires who complete 6 months employment up to $500.
If you have:
• Knowledge of home building materials (lumber, paint, electrical, plumbing, etc.)
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate with good listening skills to identify the needs of the customer
• Able to provide professional, customer service with a desire to sell
• Able to work harmoniously with co-workers in all departments
• Prior floor retail sales experience, preferably in hardware or home center industry
• Experience working with the public in a customer service environment with face to face customer interactions
• Experience using various equipment, including key making machine, registers, preferred
• Basic PC skills – able to look up inventory products, ring sales transactions. Requirements:
Daily Job Responsibilities:
• Greet customers courteously and professionally and handle customer requests promptly.
• Sell merchandise and work with customer by asking questions and ensuring they have the product they need.
• Keep up to date on new products in the store.
• Know the location of all stock and floor layout of store.
• Maintain assigned work area/department with regards to cleanliness, stocking and organization.
• Maintain merchandise displays and ensure ease of selection for customers
• Create a positive relationship with store customers with a focus on customer satisfaction and repeat business.
• May perform other duties within the store business requires.
• Frequently required to stand for long periods of time
• Frequently required to walk distances over 200 yards
• Able to lift and move products as needed (up to 40+ without assistance)
• Able to read and comprehend English
• Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy
• May be exposed to outside weather
• Occasionally required to stoop, bend, kneel or crouch while working while working with product.
• Frequently required to walk to and from various areas within the facility.
• Periodic evening and weekend work required.
• Professional, clean appearance
• Able to use and view PCs for related inquiries
Location: Mattapan, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 9/8/2021
The Norfolk Companies