Chicago, IL, United States
# of Openings: 1
Category: Front Desk
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Step into a sophisticated world at Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection. Our upscale hotel provides easy access to vibrant attractions in downtown Chicago. Discover Wrigley Field, Navy Pier, the Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park and the River North Gallery District just minutes away.
Our associates enjoy complimentary meals during their shift as well as discounted daily and monthly parking. We partner with our complex hospitality companies for further discounts at locations such as House of Blues, Katana, etc. Let your adventure begin at Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection!
Ensure guest service standards of the guest arrival, departure, and any other guest contact experience are met through optimal training, staffing, and supervision of labor, efficient management of operating supplies, and proactive monitoring of guest service scores and comments.
- Ensure efficient guest registration, checkout, guest service, and telephone service, while ensuring all brand standards are being applied.
- Implement company and franchise programs.
- Prepare forecasts and reports and assist in the development of the room's budget.
- Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance.
- Track guest satisfaction surveys and maximize usage of the guest response tracking system.
- Develop and implement controls for expense management. Utilize labor management tools to schedule and control labor costs.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff members. Ensure timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve problems to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
Ensure compliance of front office, guest service, and PBX standard operating procedures and policies. Ensure all Front Office Quality Standards are complied with and are consistently applied.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Resolve customer complaints; anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Develop strong relations with the sales team to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years Front Desk experience, preferably in leadership role.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proficient with PMS system.
- Advanced knowledge of brand's reward program.
- Able to handle cash and credit transactions.
- Computer literacy and financial management a must.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- General knowledge of local area attractions and transportation.
- Able to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Able to remain calm and alert, during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other associates.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statues and their comparable state and local laws.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and customers.
- Able to make sound business decisions and take action quickly based on previous experience and good judgment.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Chicago, Illinois, US
Posted Date: 7/12/2019
Click Here to Apply
The Autograph Hotel Chicago