Waltham, MA, United States
# of Openings: 1
Category: Food and Beverage
Position Type: Regular Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Welcome to Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Waltham, located in Boston's High-Technology, Pharmaceutical, and Life Sciences Belt and corporate corridor along Route 128 and Highway 95. Our Boston/Waltham, MA hotel is just 20 minutes to downtown Boston and 25 minutes to Logan International Airport, convenient to Brandeis and Bentley Universities as well as Wellesley and Regis Colleges.
Come work with us and enjoy complimentary lunch or dinner during your shifts as well as randomized Snack Carts with occasional trivia and games to win a prize! At the Embassy Suites Waltham, we welcome jeans on Fridays with a small donation to our Make a Difference Committee to use for events in the community. At least once a quarter the Make a Difference Committee puts on an event for team members, guests, and the community. We look forward to learning more about you!
Provide guests and Banquet team with required audio and visual assistance.
- Set up all client audio/visual needs per the specifications of the guest and outlined on the Banquet Event Order. This includes considerable physical activity in transporting awkward and heavy materials such as computer monitors, pipe and drape, LCD projectors and screens, Television/VCR's, large speakers, stage lighting, etc.
- Break down all audio/visual equipment in meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
- Be available to the client during their event should any additional audio/visual needs arise.
- Assist hotel guests in guest rooms with various personal computer problems as needed, for example, difficulty connecting to the internet in their room, etc.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Communicate with supervisor throughout shift.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Knowledge of various types of audio/visual equipment and set up styles used in the meeting rooms.
- Must have extensive computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to lift and move audio/visual equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 500 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 7/12/2019
Click Here to Apply
Embassy Suites Waltham