Chicago, IL, United States
# of Openings: 1
Category: Front Desk
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Imagine yourself in 1930's Chicago. Chicago celebrated its centennial by hosting the world's fair in 1933. The speakeasies and gangsters were thriving. It was a distinguished time in Chicago's history. The Gwen has a glorious past and an even more glorious future. Rooted in the history and heritage of downtown Chicago in the 1930's, the Gwen serves as a city emblem of this golden era and yet is poised to bring luxury to a future generation of worldly travelers. This unmistakable inspiration comes to life with our historic faade, famously created by sculptress Gwen Lux in 1928. A female artisan making a mark in a predominantly 1930's, male design city depicts and exciting atmosphere of change. The building has been home to many stories in an illustrious past.
Health, dental and vision are just a start. We offer unlimited career potential, top of the line training, free lunch, discounted Ventra cards and we also provide your uniforms. Now we're inviting you to re-create the Gwen experience. Let it be a canvas for your own personal stories
Supervise the night audit operations to ensure the maintenance of financial controls and compliance with hotel standards. Coordinate with other departments (i.e. security, housekeeping) to ensure quality service is provided to all guests.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Supervise the night audit/hotel associates; review and verify daily work.
- Supervise the balancing, reconciliation and closing of various daily accounts and prepare the daily statements to provide accurate, timely information to management while ensuring proper controls are maintained.
- Control the Night Audit Bank.
- Review timecards on a daily basis and complete daily and weekly/bi-weekly payroll reports.
- Perform functions of Night Auditors as needed to provide coverage and ensure completion of work in a timely, accurate manner.
- Prepare the daily activity sheet, report all noteworthy events and serious accounting violations.
- Respond to customer issues, complaints, or problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations using a 10-key.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and associate concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Chicago, Illinois, US
Posted Date: 6/12/2019
Click Here to Apply