Weehawken, NJ, United States
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assist the Director of Catering in the administrative functions required for effective management of the Catering Department.
- Promptly answer telephone calls following HEI Hotels and Resorts and brand standards using clear and positive communication. Communicate information accurately to manager and disseminate information and facts to relevant accounts and applicable departments.
- Type correspondence, proposals and contracts as directed by management using typewriters and computers. Process contracts for relevant departments.
- Distribute memos, contracts, resumes, room requests and amenities to relevant departments throughout the hotel. Copy, fax and email necessary documentation for clients and hotel use.
- Politely and professionally converse with clients. Respond to inquiries with accurate information and record in all relevant files.
- Promptly respond to requests for information on hotel facilities and menus.
- Maintain accurate, necessary payroll records, time sheets and distribute to finance in timely manner.
- Monitor and order necessary office supplies for department. Maintain filing system in accordance with company standards. Log pertinent account information in files. Maintain necessary copies of contracts and correspondence in orderly and accurate manner. Maintain current files and contracts for 5 years in accordance with HEI Hotels and Resorts minimum standards.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, as well as vendors and department heads.
- Basic knowledge of mathematics and calculator skills to prepare mathematical calculations without error.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Weehawken, New Jersey, US
Posted Date: 6/12/2019
Click Here to Apply
Envue Hotel, an Autograph Coll