Weehawken, NJ, United States
# of Openings: 1
Category: Food and Beverage
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assist Bartender in the serving of guests to ensure positive guest experience.
- Retrieves orders from storeroom. Visually checks stock received against written requisition with storeroom personnel, to ensure order is accurate. Upon delivery to the bar, re-checks items with bartender for completeness.
- Cuts, slices and peels perishable garnishes and fruits, mixes and pours juices in sufficient amounts according to projected business. Stores back-up supplies needing refrigeration in prescribed containers for later use.
- Checks and assists bartender in maintaining adequate amounts of supplies, i.e., stir sticks, napkins, matches, etc., for both the immediate bar and extended service area.
- Maintains cleanliness of bar area, beer lockers, refrigeration and storage areas to comply with health code standards.
- Scoops ice from ice bins, transports to service areas and replenishes ice containers for usage.
- Boxes and saves empty liquor bottles as they accumulate for later returns and requisitions.
- Transports taps, replaces and performs routine maintenance requirements on heavy beer kegs.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Must communicate well with guests.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to ensure proper delivery amounts and understand portion sizes.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use a knife, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, tap kegs and extend arms overhead to stock items with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to comprehend written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 150 lbs., at a continuous schedule with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to perform duties within temperature ranges, from normal to refrigerated.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Weehawken, New Jersey, US
Posted Date: 6/12/2019
Click Here to Apply
Envue Hotel, an Autograph Coll