Chicago, IL, United States
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Imagine yourself in 1930's Chicago. Chicago celebrated its centennial by hosting the world's fair in 1933. The speakeasies and gangsters were thriving. It was a distinguished time in Chicago's history. The Gwen has a glorious past and an even more glorious future. Rooted in the history and heritage of downtown Chicago in the 1930's, the Gwen serves as a city emblem of this golden era and yet is poised to bring luxury to a future generation of worldly travelers. This unmistakable inspiration comes to life with our historic faade, famously created by sculptress Gwen Lux in 1928. A female artisan making a mark in a predominantly 1930's, male design city depicts and exciting atmosphere of change. The building has been home to many stories in an illustrious past.
Health, dental and vision are just a start. We offer unlimited career potential, top of the line training, free lunch, discounted Ventra cards and we also provide your uniforms. Now we're inviting you to re-create the Gwen experience. Let it be a canvas for your own personal stories
Supervise the daily operations of the Catering area to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with local and corporate standard operating procedures. Position is responsible for the daily operations of the Catering area. Recommend procedural changes. May be involved in the budgeting process and monitoring of daily revenues and payroll expenses.
- Clear understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process. Understanding of pace and productivity.
- Strong yield management skills with an understanding of optimizing the catering mix of business and the use of historical data.
- Experience evaluating every catering business opportunity to maximize revenue and profitability while achieving customer expectations.
- Maintain or exceed budgeted sales and profits in all catering areas.
- Assist in the development and implementation of effective marketing plans for generating catering revenues.
- Participate in the research the competition's products, services and pricing and use it to develop strategic business plans.
- Optimize room rental charges.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI).
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills and negotiation skills.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
- Participate in trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Track record of strong prospecting efforts.
- Actively participate in community/civic activities to maintain awareness within community and to create booking opportunities.
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution. Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders generated by the Catering Sales Department.
- Experience providing Audio Visual equipment and operating Audio Visual as a profit center.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events and groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years in Catering Sales required.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English. Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi. Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Advanced knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Chicago, Illinois, US
Posted Date: 5/14/2019
Click Here to Apply