Boston, MA, United States
# of Openings: 2
Category: Front Desk
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
We are a full-service luxury hotel committed to turning every single person who walks through our doors into a customer for life. We regard our associates as customers, as well, and strive to offer the most desirable work environment in Boston. Our wages and benefits are competitive with other luxury hotels and fine restaurants. But our service culture and relationship with our associates are second to none. We are an employer taking care of its associates, who in turn take care of our guests. We are all about excellence and enabling our associates to achieve to their fullest potential, to learn and grow with us in an environment in which promotion from within is considered a more desirable option to external recruitment.
So who exactly are we looking for? Self-motivated, free-spirited, and capable people who love delighting our guests and patrons and each other - people who genuinely love serving other people and being an important part of a team that excels at it. If this sounds like you, come and see us.
Support the Front Office in providing superior guest service by fielding all guest issues and requests received by telephone with the goal of addressing and resolving any problems in an efficient and timely manner. Flexible schedule requested.
- Promptly answer telephone calls, greet callers with a positive and clear voice. Listen to ascertain the correct extension. Reading and using a moderately complex computer console, direct calls to appropriate line. Requires sitting in a confined space for long periods of time to continuously perform essential functions.
- Transcribe complete messages and repeat information to verify accuracy. Input and retrieve messages from the computer as requested. Read and verbally recite exact messages for guests.
- Receive wake up call information, input cautiously into the automated wake-up system and verbally confirm time to guest.
- Page guests and patrons using the public address system in a courteous and clear manner.
- Act as dispatcher for security, guest services and property operations associates. Provide timely information via paging system and two way radios to associates in response to emergencies and guest requests such as plumbing problems, airport shuttle service, etc.
- Briefly answer basic inquiries, time, extension numbers, outlet hours, etc.
- Immediately answer the emergency line, listen to details to identify nature of problem and respond appropriately in accordance with established procedures. Initiate emergency response as necessary and legibly document pertinent details.
- Remain calm and polite especially during emergency situations or heavy hotel activity. Resolve complications and complaints such as missed wake up calls or missed messages using previous experience and good judgment.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Must communicate well with guests.
- Ability to effectively deal with associates and customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to sit and continuously perform essential job functions in confined spaces in close proximity to other associates with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 5/14/2019
Click Here to Apply
The Liberty Hotel