Chicago, IL, United States
# of Openings: 1
Category: Food and Beverage
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Imagine yourself in 1930's Chicago. Chicago celebrated its centennial by hosting the world's fair in 1933. The speakeasies and gangsters were thriving. It was a distinguished time in Chicago's history. The Gwen has a glorious past and an even more glorious future. Rooted in the history and heritage of downtown Chicago in the 1930's, the Gwen serves as a city emblem of this golden era and yet is poised to bring luxury to a future generation of worldly travelers. This unmistakable inspiration comes to life with our historic faade, famously created by sculptress Gwen Lux in 1928. A female artisan making a mark in a predominantly 1930's, male design city depicts and exciting atmosphere of change. The building has been home to many stories in an illustrious past.
Health, dental and vision are just a start. We offer unlimited career potential, top of the line training, free lunch, discounted Ventra cards and we also provide your uniforms. Now we're inviting you to re-create the Gwen experience. Let it be a canvas for your own personal stories
Work with Room Service Team in the serving of guests to ensure positive guest experience.
- Set up and deliver all food and beverage orders in accordance with established guidelines, procedures and policies as prescribed by company standards.
- Conduct floor sweeps and retrieve all food and beverage trays in order to maintain established sanitation guidelines.
- Set up and deliver all VIP amenities.
- Service all hospitality suites in accordance with Banquet Event Orders and established policies and procedure.
- Complete all shift side work as outlined in the hotel's operating policies and procedures.
- Respond to customer needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales. Report all communication to immediate shift supervisor.
- Perform all cash handling responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate well with guests.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a cart weighing a maximum of 100 lbs., at a continuous schedule with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Chicago, Illinois, US
Posted Date: 5/13/2019
Click Here to Apply