Parsippany, NJ, United States
# of Openings: 1
Category: Food and Beverage
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Come work at the Castle! With great facilities just 30 minutes from the Newark airport and New York City, the Sheraton Parsippany Hotel is an ideal choice for business and leisure travelers. Our resort-like setting, inspiring castle theme, and warm, friendly staff will make you feel right at home. As an associate of the Sheraton Parsippany, you receive a free membership to our 25,000 square feet Atlantis Sports Club, one complimentary meal in our cafeteria during your work day and attendance with the Sheraton Parsippany family at the annual Summer Jam Family Picnic and Holiday Party. Want to find out more about joining our team? Apply today!
Assist the Assistant Director of Food and Beverage with the management, direction and organization of banquet activities in order to ensure a successful function and repeat business.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Supervise the set up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china, and glassware. Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory, and set up. Supervise clean-up of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
- Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, convention services, and engineering staff, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service, and adherence to all applicable federal, state, local safety and health regulations and corporate standards.
- Enter billing information into point of sale/automated sales system in order to generate a final guest check. Post all banquet checks at end of day and turn in to Night Audit. Assist Assistant Director of Food and Beverage with processing payroll for each event which includes calculating number of hours worked and gratuity distribution.
- Check staff attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent education required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Parsippany, New Jersey, US
Posted Date: 3/15/2019
Click Here to Apply