Boston, MA, United States
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
We are a full-service luxury hotel committed to turning every single person who walks through our doors into a customer for life. We regard our associates as customers, as well, and strive to offer the most desirable work environment in Boston. Our wages and benefits are competitive with other luxury hotels and fine restaurants. But our service culture and relationship with our associates are second to none. We are an employer taking care of its associates, who in turn take care of our guests. We are all about excellence and enabling our associates to achieve to their fullest potential, to learn and grow with us in an environment in which promotion from within is considered a more desirable option to external recruitment.
So who exactly are we looking for? Self-motivated, free-spirited, and capable people who love delighting our guests and patrons and each other - people who genuinely love serving other people and being an important part of a team that excels at it. If this sounds like you, come and see us.
Manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded. Responsible for soliciting new group sales accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in rooms, food, beverage, and room rental.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Advanced level of producing room, banquet, and room rental revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of past sales experience preferred.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English. Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi. Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Advanced knowledge of hotel and competitive market.
- Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
- Desire to participate as part of a team.
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 3/15/2019
Click Here to Apply
The Liberty Hotel