Braintree, MA, United States
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Designed for a comfortable, seamless travel experience, Hyatt Place Boston / Braintree provides you with lifestyle conveniences to help you feel right at home. Located 15 minutes from many things to do in the Boston area, our Braintree hotel is central to city attractions. Nearby are hometown favorites like the JFK Presidential Library & Museum and New England Aquarium or catch a game at Fenway Park.
What makes working with us great? We celebrate our associates' success monthly with Town Hall meetings, we hold department specific contests and incentives, we create excellent opportunities and support career advancement, and share in World of Hyatt Associate Benefits which include discounted room nights at any Hyatt branded hotel or resort worldwide! Come join our friendly, professional, and supportive team, today!
Assist the Sales Team in the administrative functions required for effective hotel sales and management.
- Act as Liaison between Sales Manager(s) and clients in Sales Manager's absence. Take booking inquiry information via phone and prepare proper paperwork.
- Uses various computer word processing and other software packages to enter data, produce contracts, correspondence, forms, memorandum and other documents.
- Answer telephone and respond to caller inquiries speaking in a clear and pleasant manner. Exercise decision making skills to direct caller's request. Accurately record messages for staff and distribute the written messages to the staff members in a timely manner.
- Distribute documents to appropriate persons and locations to ensure prompt processing of time sensitive information by hotel and supplier staff. Transport documents weighing up to 10 pounds to offices, mailrooms and other locations throughout the hotel building. Retrieve documents from and place documents into proper receptacles located up to 6 feet high, such as mailboxes, file cabinets, etc.
- Handle individual reservations for VIP clients. Ensure that all arrangements, including upgrades, are handled properly, coordinating with other departments through oral and written instruction.
- Organize, file and retrieve documents in appropriate binders in order to maintain essential records used in the department operation.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Basic administrative knowledge such as business letters, formats and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to access and accurately input information into a computer using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to stand and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to set-up and maintain filing systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Braintree, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 3/12/2019
Click Here to Apply
Hyatt Place Braintree