Parsippany, NJ, United States
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Come work at the Castle! With great facilities just 30 minutes from the Newark airport and New York City, the Sheraton Parsippany Hotel is an ideal choice for business and leisure travelers. Our resort-like setting, inspiring castle theme, and warm, friendly staff will make you feel right at home. As an associate of the Sheraton Parsippany, you receive a free membership to our 25,000 square feet Atlantis Sports Club, one complimentary meal in our cafeteria during your work day and attendance with the Sheraton Parsippany family at the annual Summer Jam Family Picnic and Holiday Party. Want to find out more about joining our team? Apply today!
Assist Controller in directing the financial activities of the hotel, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI Hotels and Resorts Standards.
- Sort and verify accuracy of Night Audit work (primarily receivables aspect), i.e. including reconciliation of banquet check extensions, coding of banquets at cost, review and route sales and promotion checks with back-up. Record department administration phone calls and inform Controller of any potential concern.
- Post city ledger payments in property management system, reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts. Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller of any potential uncollectible accounts.
- Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform Controller of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards (AMEX, DINERS, etc.). Maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards.
- Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit policy.
- Assist in reconciling open account status items.
- Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
- File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings. Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment. Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliations.
- Verify that purchasing procedures are followed, i.e.: purchase order price compared to invoice price, purchase order quantity compared to invoice quantity, ensure that the purchase order number is valid. Maintain an accurate, up to date Purchase Order Log.
- Route invoices with purchase order attached to department heads and Executive Committee members for approval. Ensure account coding is accurate and all invoices are being returned on a timely basis.
- Process all approved invoices for payment, ensure all appropriate signatures and back-up attached.
- Pay all hotel invoices in a timely manner ensuring accuracy of amount paid, account coding, invoice extension and that all discounts are taken.
- Handle all vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor statements.
- Maintain open invoices file, paid invoices file and voided check file in an organized and up-to-date manner.
- Interface checks and submit a log of all manual checks to the Controller.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal payroll laws.
- Analyzes existing processes and implements efficiencies when possible.
- Completes a final review/audit of payrolls and handles finalization process.
- Creates and implements interface uploads for efficiency and streamlining of the payroll process, including implementation of new earnings/deduction coding as needed.
- Creates reporting templates to accommodate the needs of the hotels.
- Applies acquired knowledge to assist with payroll inquiries outside the scope of the day-to-day processing, inclusive of relocation, FLSA laws, reaching DOL regulations and interpretations of the current ordinances, and employer level taxation
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Accounting and Hotel experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Ability to operate personal computer and calculator.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Parsippany, New Jersey, US
Posted Date: 3/12/2019
Click Here to Apply