Boston, MA, United States
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Intern
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
We are a full-service luxury hotel committed to turning every single person who walks through our doors into a customer for life. We regard our associates as customers, as well, and strive to offer the most desirable work environment in Boston. Our wages and benefits are competitive with other luxury hotels and fine restaurants. But our service culture and relationship with our associates are second to none. We are an employer taking care of its associates, who in turn take care of our guests. We are all about excellence and enabling our associates to achieve to their fullest potential, to learn and grow with us in an environment in which promotion from within is considered a more desirable option to external recruitment.
So who exactly are we looking for? Self-motivated, free-spirited, and capable people who love delighting our guests and patrons and each other - people who genuinely love serving other people and being an important part of a team that excels at it. If this sounds like you, come and see us.
This Sales Internship opportunity learns and assists the Sales Team as determined by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Training exposure includes acting as a Liaison between Sales Manager(s) and clients.
- Uses various computer word processing and other software packages to enter data, correspondence, forms, memorandum and other documents.
- Answer telephone and respond to caller inquiries speaking in a clear and pleasant manner. Learn and exercise decision making skills to direct caller's request. Accurately record messages for staff and distribute the written messages to the staff members in a timely manner.
- Distribute documents to appropriate persons and locations to ensure prompt processing of time sensitive information by hotel and supplier staff. Transport documents weighing up to 10 pounds to offices, mailrooms and other locations throughout the hotel building. Retrieve documents from and place documents into proper receptacles located up to 6 feet high, such as mailboxes, file cabinets, etc.
- Learn how to handle individual reservations for VIP clients. Ensure that all arrangements, including upgrades, are handled properly, coordinating with other departments through oral and written instruction.
- Organize, file and retrieve documents in appropriate binders in order to maintain essential records used in the department operation.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Basic administrative knowledge such as business letters, formats and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to access and accurately input information into a computer using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to stand and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to set-up and maintain filing systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 3/12/2019
Click Here to Apply
The Liberty Hotel